10 Reasons to Shop Local
1. Local Economic Stimulus.
When you purchase at locally owned businesses rather than nationally owned, more money is kept in the community because locally-owned businesses often purchase from other local businesses, service providers and farms. Purchasing local helps grow other businesses as well as the local tax base.
2. Non Profits Receive Greater Support. Local business owners donate more to local charities than non-local owners.
3. Unique Businesses Create Character & Prosperity
The unique character of your local community is defined in large part by the business that reside there, and that plays a big factor in your overall satisfaction with where you live and the value of you home and property.
4. Environmental Impact Is Reduced.Small local business usually set up shop in the town/village center, providing a centralized variety that is much friendlier to a community's walk score than out of town shopping malls. This generally means contributing less to sprawl, congestion, habitat loss and pollution.
5. Most New Jobs Are Provided By Local Businesses.Small local businesses are the largest employers nationally. Plus the more jobs you have in your local community the less people are going to have to commute which means more time and less traffic and pollution.
6. Customer Service Is Better.Local businesses often hire people with more specific product expertise for better customer service. You are also going to see these people around town and they are less likely to blow you off or be rude becauses they have to face you day after day.
7. Local Business Owners Invest In Community.Local businesses are owned by people who live in this community, are less likely to leave, and are more invested in the community's welfare and future.
8. Public Benefits Far Outweigh Public Costs.Local businesses require comparatively little infrastructure and more efficiently utilize public services relative to chain stores.
9. Competition And Diversity Leads To More Consumer Choices.A marketplace of thousands of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long-term.
10. You Matter MoreWe talk a lot about exerting influence with your purchasing choices, or "voting with your wallet." It's a fact that business respond to their customers but your values and desires are much more influential to you local community business than the large big box stores.
To read more about going local check out Ecolocalizer, a great site that provides news, ideas and inspiration to "Think globally, act locally."
2/1/2019 11:11:03 pm
You article has boosted my interest on to be a coach of business technology. It will guide me to understand every single procedure of my business and will also help me to expand and grow my business.
8/24/2020 11:46:58 pm
This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free
2/14/2021 07:29:02 am
Nice blog ppost
7/13/2022 06:08:49 pm
8/22/2022 11:55:54 pm
Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web!..
9/22/2022 05:04:14 am
Get looking for Immigrate to Canada with Express Entry? So we will help Canadian immigration option for skilled workers and foreign worker. Canada aims to welcome about 120,000 Express Entry candidates each year.
Leave a Reply.